Location: Rivera 403
Members Present: Carla Arbagey (Chair), Kat Koziar (Secretary), Diane Bisom, Kuei Chiu, Ann Frenkel, Steven Mandeville-Gamble, Angela Lee, Julie Mason, Eric Milenkiewicz, David Rios, Alison Scott, Ying Shen.
Meeting called to order by Carla Arbagey at 2:05pm.
- Postcards were sent to staff in honor of National Library Workers’ Day (on April 12). Thanks to Carla for heading the effort. The postcards were positively received.
- Next meeting is June 14th in Orbach, 2-3:30pm, Lightning Round presentations. Looking for volunteers to present.
- Approval of Minutes
- No Quorum
- System-wide Update
- Research grants. Please apply for extra funds. There will be a webinar to help applicants prepare for the September call.
- WEST Webinar. Presented by Cathy Martyniak. No date yet.
- Shared Content Leadership Group: Charter now available. Includes the different relationships between groups.
- Website Content Committee
- Updated rosters.
- People who send in information are eligible to win one of two $50 Amazon gift cards.
- LAUC Journal Task Force
- Read the Task Force report online
- E-Venue Task Force disbanded the LAUC Journal Task Force. Results of the survey can be summed up as “there might not be as much interest as they thought.”
- Campus tidbits
- UC Davis. Adopted Primo Discovery service, as part of Ex Libris Alma. Seven new librarians.
- UC Berkeley. Using Katherine Kott as consultant.
- UC San Diego. Moving their intranet to Confluence.
- LAUC Assembly Report
- Position Papers Nos. 1 (one) and 3 (three) are retired. Number 2 (two) will be updated/revised. Number 4 (four) will be replaced. Adam Siegel (UC Davis) is leading the group to rewrite.
- Discussion with Dan Russell of Google. Dan Russell led a discussion on what the right questions were, and the power of asking questions. Had a brainstorming session on the question: if librarians were in charge of Google, what would we do different.
- Committee reports available at the Assembly website
- APM 360 Revisions
Current revisions are primarily grammatical and style changes.
- LAUC/LAUC-R Elections
- Carla is running for Vice President of LAUC
- Sharon is in charge of elections committee, and accepting volunteers/nominations for officer positions within LAUC-R.
- Committee Reports:
- Personnel: Julie reporting. Reviewed two new job descriptions. In Special Collections, a Collections Management Librarian to provide technical services, supervision, and project management of the accessioning and processing of materials.
- Programs: Carla on behalf of Rhonda. We had the screening of “Chinese Couplets.” Upcoming events. May 20th Diversity & Children’s Literature (In the HUB). June 8th webinar on “Managing Up.”
- Research & Professional Development. Krista and Christina received presentation grants.
- Carla on behalf of Melissa. We had the screening of “Chinese Couplets.”
- Carla on behalf of Krista. No additional volunteers for the committee. Will wait until fall to start up program.
- Committees, Rules, Jurisdiction, Elections. See #9 below.
- Professional Governance. Michael not in attendance.
- Senate Representatives
- Committee on Courses. Tiffany not in attendance.
- Committee on Library and IT. Steve reported the committee met that day. Committee is developing a business case proposal for a poster printing service in the library, which will be going up for budget shortly.
- Discussion: Bylaws and Affiliate Membership.
- The committee on Committees, Rules, Jurisdiction, Elections will change CACLS to CAPA-L in the Bylaws. Comment was made on the need for the Bylaws to reflect the Call.
- Made standing rule to allow invited guests.
Meeting adjourned 3:01 p.m.